Haven Humane volunteers are a vital part of our team-- providing support, enrichment, and care for our animals that they would not receive without you.
Whether in the answering calls in the office or playing fetch with the dogs, you will be helping save the lives of pets in our community.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 241-1653 ext. 223.
Featured Volunteer Programs
Volunteer dog walkers provide all of the outside play time for our dogs. Walkers play with our pups in fenced play areas and walk around our beautiful property.
Dogs are ranked by difficulty, so you'll never take out a pup that is too challenging for you.
Care for kittens who are too young to be put up for adoption. Bottle feed the babies, teach older kittens how to eat on their own, change bedding, and make formula. Learn more.
This is a seasonal position
Other volunteer positions:
• Cattery Socialization (playing, petting & socalizing our cats & kittens) • Kennel Cleaner • Veterinary Hospital Assistant • Adoption Photographer • Pet Groomer • Event Assistant • Cat, kitten or dog foster • Social Media Assistant • Petsmart Pet Attendant (manage the visiting pets and help set up and tear down the adoption booth at PetSmart) • Fundraising Assistant • Youth Volunteer (STAR) Assistant (and many more...)
For a VERY full list of volunteers opportunities, click here.
Don't see your perfect volunteer role? Email us and we'll find an option that makes the most of your time and talents.
Volunteers are asked to commit to long-term (6+ months) service two hours per week in order to remain active volunteers.
If you know now that this commitment would be difficult, please consider helping in other ways like by becoming a foster parent, or email us to discuss options.
1. Send in your application using the button (please read requirements above first)
2. Complete the online orientation (sent in a follow-up email)
3. Attend a Dog and Cat Body Language Class
A fun group class where our behavioral specialist team will teach you how to "read" animals' body language.
4. Complete hands-on training with our Volunteer Coordinator.
You'll tour the facility, meet staff, volunteers, and the animals and learn how to volunteer.
5.Volunteer and have fun!
You can spot us by our neon green shirts! We hope to see you soon!