The tragedy of pet overpopulation is a growing concern in both Northern California and across the nation. Sterilization is the most humane weapon in this struggle and spay/neuter clinics are considered the most effective means of sterilization. Haven Humane Society's Spay/Neuter Clinic opened its doors in January 2002 and can handle 5,600 animal sterilization surgeries each year. Our first priority is to provide spay, neuter and medical services for animals at the shelter, but in support of other individuals and groups trying to save the lives of pets, we also provide full medical care for all documented 501(c)(3) rescue groups, shelters, and low income clients who qualify. All services are by appointment only, and payment is due at the time of service.
Spay/neuter clinics help save lives and stabilize escalating shelter and animal control costs by:
- Reducing unwanted animal births
- Reducing the number of homeless animals on city and county streets in need of shelter care
- Increasing the probability of suitable placement for adoptable animals
- Providing a responsible means of reducing animal suffering
Our goal is to reduce the number of unwanted animal births and euthanasia performed on healthy animals. Our staff is dedicated to this mission and to providing the highest quality medical care for the animals they serve.
QUALIFICATIONS: Haven Humane Spay and Neuter Clinic is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to decrease pet overpopulation. In an effort to prevent more unwanted animals, we offer the services of low cost spay and neuter to any pet. However, if you are needing wellness care such as vaccines, or have a sick pet, you must qualify to use our services. Qualification includes holding a card for one of the following assistance programs, Medical, Medicare or CMSP. We can also see your pet if you are a veteran. These forms of qualification do not pay for the service you receive for your pet, they only provide the low income qualification to have your pet seen at a low cost clinic. *Payment is due at the time of service. Haven Humane does not accept payments over time, nor do we provide free pet care.
- Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service, and minimizing costs, we do not invoice or provide free vet care.
- We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
- Insurance For Your Pets
A popular option for your family and pets is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites: